Ready? Let’s go!
Adopting an animal at CARA is a simple process, and we have a dedicated staff to help you through it.
How to Adopt an Animal at CARA
1. Browse the animals online or just stop in during our shelter hours.
2. Fill out an adoption questionnaire (link below), then get to know the animal. Play with them, take them for a quick walk in our dog park, or just sit with them.
3. Talk to your Adoption Counselor about the animal—their personality, their history, what to expect, etc.
4. Once you’ve decided to adopt, you’ll fill out the paperwork onsite and most pets can go home that day! (Please note: if you are adopting a dog and own a dog already, you’ll need to set up a dog introduction onsite at CARA)
5. Enjoy your lifetime of unconditional love with your new best friend.
Our regular adoption fee is $125.00 for a puppy or dog and $75.00 for a kitten or cat unless we are having a reduced fee promo. Fee includes microchip, up-to-date vaccinations, deworming (given prior to pet leaving the shelter), spay/neuter of the animal, and rabies (if over 4 months) vaccine. A heartworm test is also included on dogs 6 months and older. Senior pets at CARA (dogs over 8 yrs and cats over 10 yrs) have their adoption fees waived! ADOPTER must be at least 21 yrs of age.