Brees Bark Park Rules as amended November 8, 2013
1. Park Hours: May 1 to October 31, Monday thru Friday 4:30pm until dusk; Saturday and Sunday 12:00pm until dusk. November 1 to April 30, Monday thru Friday 3:30pm until dusk; Saturday and Sunday 12:00pm until dusk.
2. All dogs must be dog and people friendly.
3. All dogs must be spayed or neutered
4. All dogs must be current on all shots and rabies vaccinations. A verification of vaccinations must be submitted. While it is not a requirement for admission to the dog park, most Veterinarians recommend a Bordetella vaccine if a dog frequents a groomer,
boards their pet or visits a dog park. Please check with your Veterinarian.
5. All dogs must be on leash when entering and leaving. Dogs must be off leash in the park. Keep the leash with you.
6. SCOOP the POOP! Bags and waste stations are provided.
7. It is recommended to have no more than 2 dogs per person. Three dogs per person maximum.
8. Keep an eye on your dog at all times. If annoying or aggressive behavior is observed, (to the other dog or its owner) take immediate action: move your dog to another part of the park, leave the park, or do whatever you have to do to prevent the behavior (time-out, redirect behavior, etc.)
9. Rough play is fine as long as it is consensual. Rough play and chasing is not acceptable if any of the dogs involved is not comfortable with the situation. Just because a dog’s intent is to play does not make the dog’s behavior acceptable or tolerable if the other dog is not enjoying itself.
10. No Digging
11. No children under the age of fourteen are allowed in the dog park unless under close adult supervision. There should be one adult per child. Be sure your child knows how to behave in a dog park environment. Children should not run around, scream, pick up and wave sticks or approach animals that they do not know.
12. The safest collar for your dog to wear in the dog park is a flat buckle collar. Chain collars can be dangerous if your dog gets it caught while playing. No prong or pinch collars or electronic (shock) collars are allowed in the park.
13. No smoking, food (human or dog) alcohol or glass containers are allowed. Human drinks are permitted.
14. Dogs that are sick and dogs with obvious external parasites or conditions (fleas, manage) are not permitted.
15. No excessive barking.
16. Dog fights: To avoid a dog fight, you understand and agree that you will control and command your dog and will watch over your dog for any aggressive or antagonist behavior. You further understand that under no circumstances should you ever grab a fighting dog by its collar or anywhere near the biting end of the dog, as this could result in a bite or attacked.
You agree you will remove your dog from situations in which you, your dog, other dogs or their owners are uncomfortable.
17. Do not allow anyone in the park that is not a member. Please direct them to the shelter office if it is during shelter hours or to the website for membership information.
18. Please respect the privacy of your fellow members.
18. Finally, please, have fun with your dog!
I have read, understand and agree to abide by all the Rules above. I understand that Community Animal Rescue and Adoption (CARA) reserves the right to alter or amend these rules at any time and that failure to follow them may result in the ejection of myself, my guest(s) and my dog(s).
If you agree to the rules, please sign below and mail or scan and email. Include your pets application and vaccination records.
Owner Signature Date
Mail to: Bree’s Bark Park at CARA, c/o Ann Somers, 1606 Pinevale Street, Jackson, MS 39211
Email to: email@example.com