- Operated by volunteers, volunteer board members, and part-time shelter employees
- Supported by private donations from individuals, businesses, & fund raising events
- Receives no funds from the city, county, state or federal government
- Recognized as an accredited charity by the Better Business Bureau
The Primary Goals of CARA are...
- To place our adoptable animals into loving, caring homes
- Support spay/neuter programs and ensure that all animals in our care are spayed and neutered prior to adoption.
- Promote responsible pet ownership
- Teach communities the proper care & treatment of all pets & why spay/neuter is important
Visit our Shelter and Cattery.
Mon. - Tues. & Fri.- Sat. (12 pm - 5 pm)
Wed., Thurs. & Sun. Afternoons (By Appt.)
Address : 960 N. Flag Chapel Rd., Jackson, MS 39209
Mailing address : P. O. Box 231, Clinton, MS 39060
Phone: (601) 922-7575
The 2016 CARA Board Pictured L to R, Front Row: Lea Ann Craig (Vice Chair), Cristy Bullock (Treasurer), Janet Madden (Shelter Director), Liz Kepner, Denise Cantrell (Executive Director). Back Row L to R: Dj Clark, Valerie Hicks (Chairman), Ann Somers (Secretary), John Holloway, Laura Lillard, Rick Terry, Karen Goodman. Not pictured: Bertha Gordon, Marita Smith.
CARA Shelter and Cattery Staff:
Janet Madden, Shelter Director
Hollie McClelland, Assistant Shelter Director
Peggy Harrell, Cat Manager
Sharon Sowell, Office Manager
Link to our financial statements -- CARA_FIN_2013.pdf
Link to CARA 2013 990 Form
Link to our BBB Annual Report for CARA 2014 -- BBB_Annual_CARA_2014
Link to our IRS Status Letter -- CARA IRS STATUS