- Operated by volunteers, volunteer board members, and part-time shelter employees
- Supported by private donations from individuals, businesses, & fund raising events
- Receives no funds from the city, county, state or federal government
- Recognized as an accredited charity by the Better Business Bureau
The Primary Goals of CARA are...
- To place our adoptable animals into loving, caring homes
- Support spay/neuter programs and ensure that all animals in our care are spayed and neutered prior to adoption.
- Promote responsible pet ownership
- Teach communities the proper care & treatment of all pets & why spay/neuter is important
Mon. - Tues. & Fri.- Sat. (12 pm - 5 pm)
Wed., Thurs. & Sun. Afternoons (By Appt.)
Address : 960 N. Flag Chapel Rd., Jackson, MS 39209
Mailing address : P. O. Box 231, Clinton, MS 39060
Phone: (601) 922-7575
The 2019 CARA Board -- Valerie Hicks (Chairman), Heather Morgan (Vice Chair), Lea Ann Craig (Executive Director), Ann Somers, Rachel Lyle (Secretary), Janet Madden, Marita Smith, Erik Norman, and Becky Tullos.