- Operated by volunteers, volunteer board members, and part-time shelter employees
- Supported by private donations from individuals, businesses, & fund raising events
- Receives no funds from the city, county, state or federal government
- Recognized as an accredited charity by the Better Business Bureau
The Primary Goals of CARA are...
- To place our adoptable animals into loving, caring homes
- Support spay/neuter programs and ensure that all animals in our care are spayed and neutered prior to adoption.
- Promote responsible pet ownership
- Teach communities the proper care & treatment of all pets & why spay/neuter is important
Visit our Shelter and Cattery.
Mon. - Tues. & Fri.- Sat. (12 pm - 5 pm)
Wed., Thurs. & Sun. Afternoons (By Appt.)
Address : 960 N. Flag Chapel Rd., Jackson, MS 39209
Mailing address : P. O. Box 231, Clinton, MS 39060
Phone: (601) 922-7575
The 2017 CARA Board -- Valerie Hicks (Chairman), Heather Morgan (Vice Chair), Lea Ann Craig (Executive Director), Ann Somers (Treasurer), Rachel Lyle (Secretary), Janet Madden, Marita Smith, Dj Clark, Erik Norman, Elliot Bingham, Dr. Ben Zieren, and Becky Tullos.
CARA Shelter Manager: Peggy Harrell